Kitsap Roots cares deeply about your privacy
We will never sell or give away your information. End of story.
Your information allows us to offer you certain products and services, including the use of our website, to fulfill our obligations to you, to customize your interaction with our company and our website. We generally store your data and transmit it to a third party for processing. However, to the extent we process your data, we do so to serve our legitimate business interests (such as providing you with the opportunity to purchase our goods or services.
Ways in which we will use your information include:
- respond to your questions and comments and provide you with customer support
- notify you about special events and services
- provide services that you have requested
- conduct surveys to measure your level of interest in or satisfaction with our events, products and services
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes
- enforce our terms and conditions
- manage our business
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection
- analyze trends to improve our website and offerings
- If you no longer wish to receive communications from us, you may opt-out by clicking “update subscription preferences” at the bottom of any bulk email.
We utilize third-party companies and individuals (such as payment processors, email providers and analytics and security providers) to help us provide services. These third parties have only limited access to your information, may use your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to us not to disclose or use your information for other purposes.
Cookies & Pixels
Pixels are technological equivalents of cookies. These pixels allow social media sites to track visitors to outside websites so as to tailor messages users see while visiting that social media website. We use these pixels in compliance with the policies of the various social media sites.
We also may use technology in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and clicked. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted information and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online content.
Like many website operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this data to better inform our decisions about the products and services we offer.
To use certain features of the Website or its Content, you may need a username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password, and you are responsible for all activities, whether by you or by others, that occur under your username or password and within your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized or improper use of your username or password or any other breach of security. To help protect against unauthorized or improper use, make sure that you log out at the end of each session requiring your username and password.
It is your responsibility to protect your own username and password from disclosure to others. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your username, password or account information. If you share your username or password with others, they may be able to obtain access to your personal information at your own risk.
By using our Website and its Content you agree to enter true and accurate information on the Website and its Content. If you enter a bogus email address we have the right to immediately deactivate your account.
Our site uses standard, modern security practices to protect your account. At no time will we have access to your password as it is hashed, encrypted and stored separately. We do not have the ability to read your password, but if you need, you can reset your password at any time.
All users are entitled to certain information and have certain rights in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation. Those rights include:
- We will retain the any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of: (a) you asking us to delete the information, (b) our decision to cease using our existing data providers, or (c) we decide that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
- You have the right to request access to your data that we store and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
- You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
- To the extent that you provided consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to securely (through Stripe). You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. While we take physical, technical and administrative precautions to protect your information from unauthorized access or use, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network, or any online service, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
8202 NE State Hwy 104, #102-233
Kingston, Washington 98346
Last updated: January 2021